the sexiest travel backpack
Solid construction and high quality material. The founders did their due diligence finding a manufacturer
How heavy is it? About average in the carry-on travel backpack category
Being their first bag, there are still some issues to work through, but an incredible first pass!
This is my favorite bag when it comes to design. It is incredibly elegant.
The price tag is a little high, especially when compared with other bags in the carry-on travel backpack category
I didn’t know carry-on travel backpacks could be sexy until I saw Minaal’s bag. Similar to the Tortuga, this bag was created by two travelers who weren’t satisfied with the travel bags available to them. They had huge success with their epic Kickstarter video and have since delivered on a truly amazing bag. This bag helps you “keep some of your dignity” while traveling… which is a hard feet to accomplish while still maximizing space. Though it comes at a hefty price, you end up with a bag that can accompany you on the road for pleasure and into the office on business trips.
Get it now for$299 from Minaal
reasons to travel with this
- Laptop sleeve is positioned so that no matter which way you may drop your bag, it won’t hit the ground
- The volume is great: big enough to take enough, but not too big that it becomes awkward to carry
- Lots of functional pockets
- Includes a rain cover that that packs into itself and allows you to ignore the rain (removable if you travel to a desert)
- Lockable YKK zippers keeping your items safe
- Straps stow away which help it keep from getting tangled in overheads or when checked
- It just looks so darn good
things to consider
- The main compartment has no structure or stabilization straps so clothes can get jumbled up and the bag tends to collapse when trying to pack.
- Because of having no internal structure it collapses flat when packing making it rather awkward to load it up
- The compression straps tend to get in the way of the zippers and interfere with the side handle
- Because of lack of weight bearing hip-belt all the weight is on shoulders
- Some of the organizational pockets seem to be confused as to which way is up with pockets facing in multiple directions
more features / specs
- Volume: 35L
- Weight: 3.08lb (1.4kg)
- Dimensions: 55 x 35 x 20(cm (21.65 x 13.77 x 7.87 in)
- Materials: Fabric: 500D Cordura; 1000D Cordura; 210D Nylon Interior Lining; 2mm Neoprene; Soft Lining (phone pocket)
- Duraflex and Woojin buckles
- Weather: Main bag rated to 1000mm; seam-sealed rain cover to 1500mm
- Device compartment: Main sleeve fits up to 15-inch Macbook Pro, with strap to hold smaller units safely. Second sleeve holds up to MacBook Air 11-inch
- DRINK HOLDER ||| Holds bottles of up to approx 9cm / 3.54in diameter w/ adjustable cord