a super light no nonsense bag
High quality, durable material made with Timbuk2’s signature craftsmanship
How heavy is it? Super light! This is the lightest bag in the Carry-On Travel Backpack category
This bag is very simple but gets the job done well.
Looks great and has a rugged yet sleek look about it.
Comes at a great price. We consider it much better valued than the other travel backpacks reviewed
My friend and fellow TWT reviewer suggested we include the Timbuk2 Wingman Duffle because he owns it and loves it. Though it didn’t end up in the top three it was by an incredibly close margin (a $20 price difference!). This is the lightest bag in the travel backpack category. Here at TWT we love Timbuk2 for their creativity, quality, and style. This travel backpack exemplifies all of these qualities in the design and creation of this bag. A great bag at a great price!
Get it now for$149 from Amazon
reasons to travel with this
- The lightest backup in our carry-on travel backpack category
- Comes with 4 handles which allows for easy grabbing
- One of the few backpacks that includes a well thought though shoulder strap for “briefcase” mode
- High quality clips for the optional backpack straps.
- Laptop sleeve close to back allowing for good weight distribution
- Straps stow away which help it keep from getting tangled in overheads or when checked
things to consider
- Similar to other backpacks, the straps can be uncomfortable with extended use
- Because of lack of weight bearing hip-belt all the weight is on shoulders
- No good organization for smaller items
- Some complaints of lack of internal frame (but this keeps the weight down)
- Not much padding for laptop sleeve (again this keeps the weight down)
more features / specs
- Volume: 40L
- Weight: 2.2 lbs (1kg)
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 20.9 x 7.9 in. (40 x 53 x 20cm)
- Materials: Durable ballistic nylon and fabric reinforced tarpaulin fabric construction
- Fits up to 17” Laptop
- Padded pocket under the main flap for your iPad