Long-lasting rubber sole
slightly heavy but doesn't take up much room
Tiny, thin, lightweight.
adjustable slip-proof straps
The ideal flip-flop
Few versatile travel shoes that compare
Easy to find flip flops to replace these.
Considering the warranty and versatility, well worth it
Considering their international popularity, they're well worth the price
reasons to travel with this
- Water resistant
- Straps completely onto your foot
- You can run in them
- Thick soles great for hiking
- Light weight (esp if bringing more than one pairs of shoes)
- Inconspicuous (not going to draw "traveler" attention to your feet)
- They float!
- Not going to leave you any blisters
things to consider
- Very casual- limited on types of restaurants you can enter
- if you're new to wearing them you can get blisters
- Heaver than Havaianas to carry on a pack
- Very informal (limited on types of restaurants you can enter)
- They can slip off (not easily but they aren't strapped to your feet)
- Not recommended for hiking or running
- Maybe you don't like shoes with something between your toe?
notable features and specs
- 25 strap designs and colors to choose from (webbing)
- Vibram soles
- Adjustable and durable high tensile slip-resistant webbing
- Non-marking Yampa outsole with Vibram® TC-1 rubber and 3mm lugs
- Lightweight outsole for versatility
- Hundreds of colors and designs to choose from.
- Cusomize Feature on their website.
- Cushioned footbed with textured rice pattern and rubber flip flop sole
- Thong style or other options
- If traveling to South America, most people own a pair!
- Slim or wide options
get it now
Chacos are versitile in that they are great for hiking up mountains and through rivers or walking all day in Rome. With thick soles and grasping straps, they are a great alternative to tennis shoes when traveling in the summer/spring. I take them with me whenever I go backpacking and I highly recommend them.
I've had a black pair of Havaianas ever since my honeymoon to Mexico. They are my go to summer shoe especially since I do a lot of walking throughout the day. I'm fashion conscious when it comes to what I put on my feet- these still get chosen for most summer excursions.
If I have another pair of shoes with me and I just need some sandals to throw in the bag, my Havaianas are ideal. They’re super easy to pack so I almost never go on a trip without them.
However, when I want to only bring one pair of travel shoes I would probably reconsider. Check out this post I wrote on the best travel sandals (Chacos)
PS. We did the research so you don't have to. The sources for our research used to make this resource available to you are posted at the bottom of the original product reviews for "Chacos Backpacking Sandals (Yampa) - Women's" & "Havaianas Women's Slim Flip Flops."